Pages

10/29/12

The Girls' Global Guide To Guys



Synopsis: 

Fed up with a less than stellar love life and frustrated with a job that's going nowhere fast, aspiring travel writer Jadie Peregrine is in a rut. What she really wants to do is travel the world meeting smart, sexy guys and writing fascinating articles that magazines are eager to publish. 

Then it hits her... Why not just do it?

With her best friend Tate in tote, Jadie plans in their whirlwind trip to Europe. They'll see the sights, meet new people and hopefully hook up with some good-looking guys. What could be better? 

It turns out nothing is better than Justin Devlin, the hunky American they meet in Italy. He's got a fabulous sense of humor, a cute tush and the sexiest green eyes imaginable. Finally, a romance worth writing about! 

And what starts out as an innocent springtime fling for Jadie is soon becoming much more. But hold on a sec. Time for a reality check. Jadie has a "real life" waiting for her back home in the States. What is she thinking? Or rather, is she thinking? All Jadie knows is that love has come knocking on her door, and she's tempted to open it and discover what's waiting behind it. 

Review: 

This book is a chick-lit and travel novel rolled into one. Sounds interesting, right? But definitely no! I remembered reading this book on a late night while tending my mama at the hospital. It was a light read, perfect with a hot cup of coffee and donuts. But the plot itself wasn't something to write home about. It wasn't even that entertaining. 

But I decided to give the novel a chance to see if it will improve - but no, oh no, was I disappointed! The first few chapters of the story were... okay, I guess but as it went further, it got boring to the point that I preferred to sleep rather than to stay up all night just to read. 

And oh, that rarely happens when I'm enjoying a novel. 

Although I can't put the blame on Theresa Alan's writing skills (Hers was quite good, actually), I blame the disappointment to the main character, Jadie Peregrine. She's very, very unlikeable and annoying as hell, too! She was a woman full of insecurities and complaints like she was carrying all of the burdens in the world on her back. I even found myself rooting for Tate (Jadie's BFF) more than Jadie. Tate was spunky and straightforward, attributes that I am looking for in a main character.

However, the dating insights from the women all around the world were quite, interesting. But I guess, that's the only interesting part in the novel, after all. 

All in all, the novel was a disappointment. Not a good read. I felt like I just wasted my precious time in reading it. 

Rating: 

2/5 





No comments:

Post a Comment